Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Introduction to Grow BioIntensive
Saturday, October 20, 2012 from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Palo Alto, CA
If you had to grow all your own food on a small plot of land with minimal outside inputs, could you do it? GROW BIOINTENSIVE is a sustainable farming and gardening method that has been taught in many countries as a way for people to feed themselves even when they might not have access to much land or fertilizers. The class will explain the basic principles of this system: deep soil preparation, composting, intensive planting, companion planting, maximizing biomass production, maximizing calorie production, open-pollinated seeds, and a whole systems approach. We will also discuss the history and philosophy of GROW BIOINTENSIVE farming, as well as how to get your own project started. Taught by Ryan Batjiaka. Ryan Batjiaka is an Assistant Garden Manager at Ecology Action in Willits, CA.
When & Where
Common Ground Garden Supply and Education Center
Creating Abundance in Community
- hands-on classes and events in organic gardening and sustainable lifestyles
- seeds and plant starts - hundreds of edible, medicinal, native and ornamental varieties
- organic composts, fertilizers and mulches - a broad selection
- tools and natural disease and pest control products - the highest quality
- books, magazines, cards, and gift items
- volunteer opportunities and new friends.